Day 1: Addis Ababa – Awash National Park
Addis Ababa to Awash national park takes 5-hour drive. This national park covers 756 square kilometers of arid and semi-arid woodland alongside the Awash River. Wildlife in the park includes dik-dik, kudu, warthog, East African oryx, Soemmerring’s gazelle, and baboon. The bird life is prolific especially along the river and in nearby Lake Basaka, making it a birder’s paradise. There are many endemic birds and in total, 392 species have been recorded here. Camping night will be in one of our finest tented camps.
Day 2: Zeway – Abijata Shala National Park – Langano
In the morning, you will drive to Abijatta-Shalla National Park which mostly has abundant birds and ostriches. The park is named after its two lakes, Abijatta and Shala Lake. There are several hot springs found in most of the rift valley lakes. After your visit, you will have a tented-camping night at a PRIVATE shore of Lake Langano.
Day 3: Langano – Tiya – Addis Ababa
Drive to Addis Ababa via Butajira just to visit the standing stone of Tiya Stelae and Adadi Mariam church which is believed built by King Lalibela. And drive back to Addis Ababa.
Keep In Mind
To make sure that your environmental impact is minimal, whenever you travel, don’t forget to take the following steps:
- Always carry ID or relevant document at your side,
- Try to avoid expensive jewelry or unnecessary equipment, if not carry them with you at all costs,
- Do not collect or damage any vegetation and do not disturb or feed wild animals,
- Remember to take all your litter with you,
- Camp only in designated areas,
- Always use latrines where provided, or bury waste at least 100 meters away from water,
- Do not use soaps in natural waterways.
Please read carefully general terms and conditions
PAYMENT OF THE TOUR PRICE CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET OUT HEREIN.