6 Days Historic Tour in Ethiopia @$1,050 per tax for the year 2020
- Lake Tana Monasteries, Blue Nile falls Simien Mountains National Parks Chance to see walia ibex and chilada baboon
- Castles and Lalibela churches
- Tourist standard vehicle
- 5 nights' accommodation including breakfast
- Airport transfers
- Minimum number of pax is 4 people in one group
Visiting time; from mid of September till the end of February.
Day 1: Arrival at Addis Ababa Bole International Airport (ADD)
Ethioder Tour and Travel’s representative will greet you at the exit of luggage claim outside of the main exit hall in the car parking area and transfer you to the hotel. You will have half-day city tour and sightseeing tour of Addis Ababa, including Mount Entoto for the panoramic view of the city and old palace of Menelik, the national museum, and Trinity cathedral. Overnight stay will be at the HUB Hotel(nearby airport).
Day 2: Fly to Bahir Dar and visit Lake Tana Island Monasteries and Blue Nile Falls (Bahir Dar)
Early morning at 8:10 am, an hour flight will take you to Bahir Dar. Upon arrival, you will meet the tour guide and drive to the hotel where you will be accommodated, and rest for few minutes. Your first visit will be to Lake Tana on a boat ride, where you will visit the medieval period island monasteries (beautiful mural paintings, religious and sacred books) on Lake Tanaon ZeghePenisula. After lunch, you will drive (approximately 30 kilometers one way drive) and visit the Blue Nile Falls. Then drive back to Bahirdar and overnight at Unison Hotel (New built Hotel).
Day 3: Bahirdar to Gonder
After breakfast in the morning at 8:00 am drive to Gonder some 185 kilometers about around 3 hours and arrive in Gonder and check in at your reserved Hotel. After having some minute break you will have lunch. Then the afternoon you will visit the Royal Castles and the Bath of Emperor Fasiledes (the bath is filled with water for the important Timkat (epiphany) ceremony once a year. You will continue your visit to Debre Berhan Selassie Church (Trinity at the Mount of Light). And overnight at the Plaza Hotel.
Day 4: GondertoSimien Mountain (Simien Mountain)-Gonder
You will have a morning drive to Simien Mountain about 135 km about one and a half-hour drive from Gonder to visit the marvelous scenery of the mountain, the endemic animals of Walya Ibex, Chilada Baboon, and birds after having a full day visit back to Gonder and overnight at the same Hotel.
Day 5: Fly Gonder to Lalibela
After breakfast, another a 30-minute short flight will take you to Lalibela around 11:10 am. Upon arrival, you will meet our tour guide, drive to the hotel where you will rest for a few minutes. Your first visit will be to the first group of eleven Rock-hewn Monolithic (carved from a single rock) Churches of Lalibela (UNESCO world heritage site, with magnificent architecture and paintings inside the churches). Overnight in Lalibela at Maribela Hotel.
Day 6: Continue for the second group church visit and fly back to Addis Ababa
In the morning you will go to finalize the second group churches of Labella till 10:30 am and you will be transferred to Lalibela airport for your flight to Addis at 1:10 pm in the afternoon and you will be fly about an hour from Lalibela to Addis and arrive at 2:10 pm. Depends on your flight; you will stay in Addis or fly to your home country…
END OF YOUR TOUR
“Ethiopia - the best place to be…” explore it with ETHIODER TOUR AND TRAVEL.
- Activities as per the itinerary
- Site entrances fee and scouts fee
- All types of government taxes and VAT
- 5 nights’ twin bed accommodation including breakfast
- 1 liter of water per day
- Airport transfers in and out service in Addis Ababa, Bahirdar and Lalibela
- Round trip domestic flight
- Ground transportation with all fuel and English speaking driver costs
What's not included?
- International flights
- Lunch and dinner
- Porters at airports and hotels
- Tips to drivers and guides
- Other expenses of personal nature like laundry, souvenirs, and such
- A reservation requires a deposit of 24% of the total price.
- The deposit is fully refundable if the booking is canceled up to 30 days before the arrival date.
- The rest of the payment should be paid 20 days before arrival